Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Falling for autumn

It's been awhile since I've posted. I suppose I've lacked motivation, ideas and time, BUT with an unexpected day off yesterday due to Hurricane Sandy, I find myself with an extra weekend day to do some things I don't find time for on my usual two day weekends.

So, this will be a bit of a mish-mash, whipped together before the Florida/Georgia football game begins; a few fall scents that I love, a couple of Christmas gifts I picked up (seriously?! I know!) and a few goodies for me, too.

Technically, fall has been in full swing for just over a month, but here in Florida, we've had one day where we didn't get in the 80's. With Hurricane Sandy moving north, we're supposed to get some cooler air. Hooray!

When the calendar hits October, there are a few scents that I like to fire up to get me in the autumn-mood. The first is this candle from Thymes Wildwood collection- Brandied Pumpkin and Chestnut.


It's described as "the subtle warmth of brandied pumpkin infused with a cozy, welcoming blend of Madagascar vanilla, cinnamon bark, sweet nutmeg and spicy clove. Timeless amber, sandalwood and patchouli kindle an earthy depth." ANYTHING with sandalwood and patchouli is right up my alley.

Speaking of...

This is the fragrance I wear on a daily basis. I only use the lotion, and layer this solid patchouli perfume over it.
It's a heady, warm and not-at-all overpowering combination that gets compliments all the time.

Ok, on to the Christmas shopping. I am NOT normally one of those people who get all of their holiday shopping done months before the big day, but I was on the J.Crew site today and saw some adorable things that I couldn't pass up. Today is the last day to get an additional 30% off final sale prices at J.Crew- use the code OURTREAT at checkout. I perused the Girls section and picked up a few things for my younger nieces. This for Amelia, this for Aydia, and this for Caily.



I did get a couple of things for me, too. I used J.Crew rewards to snag this bad boy.
And, with the cooler weather coming, I couldn't resist this cozy sweater from Club Monaco. Plus, a friend was kind enough to pass along her SA-WEET employee discount, which made this ridiculously reasonable.


So, what about you? What are your go-to fall scents? Have you started any of your holiday shopping? Or find any treats for yourself? Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and GO GATORS!

No comments:

Post a Comment